If you’re familiar with the Spoon Theory, you can probably guess what a spoonie is: Someone who has a limited amount of spoons. I live in a spoonie house, and have loved ones and friends who are spoonies. I’m making this post especially for a special spoonie in my life, who’s name shall remain annonymous, but they will know who they are, and hopefully in the process, I can help a few other spoonies get a new dinner idea while I’m at it.
With a limited amount of spoons, often times dinner is the hardest meal because it’s at the end of the day, not to mention to a spoonie, the most important because spoonie’s often skip breakfast and lunch because we’re too tired. I understand how common it is for us spoonies to shirk off meals throughout the day. But at some point we have to eat. This meal is focused on getting that job done. It’s not particularly healthy, or unhealthy, it just is. But for us spoonies sometimes that’s all we need to keep on (mildly) kicking. 😉
Without further ado: Burritos For Spoonies
You will need:
Your favorite hot, medium, or mild sauce for flavor. *I like Verde’s guacamole salsa, with tapatio coming in a close second.
Soft burrito shells
Cheese (preferably shredded)
Refried beans *one can
Ranch dressing for flavor
Paper plates *if you are lucky 🙂
1. Take about half of a can of refried beans and put them on a paper plate.
2. Add about 4tbsp of both your favorite hot, med, or mild sauce & ranch dressing.
3. Mix together with a fork.
4. Place two burrito shells positioned like the photo above on a new paper plate.
5. Pour the mixture of refried beans & sauces into the each burrito shell using the fork, half and half.
6. Topple that thing with cheese.
7. I hope I illustrated in the #7 photo how I fold a burrito, after that photo was taken, I rolled the rest of the shell over until it made a sort of funnel with one side folded up into the shell.
8. Take a breather.
9. Microwave for 2minutes and 25 seconds.
10. While microwaving throw the dirty paper plate in the trash, and put the ingredients away in the fridge.
11. Be sure to let it cool before you take a bite, but viola! There you are. Hope you enjoy! ❤